- Haldi Haldi is a ceremony that is celebrated in the house of both the bride as well as groom. In this ceremony, a insert which is known as Uptan prepared from Haldi, Oil and water can be applied on bride and grooms entire body. Music is a very important part of this ceremony. Women of the household sing traditional tunes, and instrument like dholak is also played to mark the beginning of the week long affair of a traditional Indian Wedding.
- Mehndi It is a very important ceremony that is conducted from brides place. Henna or Mehndi is applied in beautiful designs and designs on brides hands intended for wedding ceremony. Music is an integral section of this ceremony, and women and men of the household dance on different types of traditional folk songs. Apart from the traditional tunes that the women of household sing, popular Bollywood wedding tracks such as Mehendi Hai Rachne Wali, Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna and “ Desi Girl” are also played. Ladies and girls of household perform beautifully on these popular Filmi Tracks.
- Sangeet This ceremony since the name suggests is full of Sangeet or Music. This is an exclusive ceremony for women from the sides of wedding couple to gather, sing and dance at the blissful occasion of this holy union. Bollywood Songs like Didi Tera Dewaar Deewana” and Sasural Genda phool are very popular songs that are played during this ceremony.
- Baraat The arrival of groom on the ghodi (Female Horse) with his relatives dancing on the tunes of music band and popular Filmi Tracks is known as Baraat. This is a very important ceremony that is held few hours before the major wedding ceremony. The relatives of bridegroom dance on popular Bollywood Tunes like Aaj Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai, Le Jayenge The Jayenge and Tenu leke on the way to the place where wedding ceremony is held.
- Wedding Main wedding ceremony is an important component of the whole Indian Wedding Affair. Shehnai is a Mangal Vadya (musical instrument) which is played to create and keep the sanctity of the auspicious wedding ceremony. In modern times, popular Bollywood numbers are also played on which the relatives dancing to express their happiness and like for the newlyweds.
No doubt Music is the most important aspect that amplifies fun and happiness in a normal Indian Wedding. The importance of Music within an Indian wedding can be clearly determined by the fact that it is a part of each ceremony that is conducted to join two people and two families in this ay union.
About the Author:
Anu Oberoi has been writing for any variety of matrimonial, educational and dating publications for more than 5 years. He’s authored several articles on